Doing Business with the Township of Denville
Please keep in mind the following information when preparing your quote for professional, service or construction work to be performed for the Township of Denville.
- The Township of Denville must be listed as additionally insured
- Worker’s Compensation and Employer’s Liability Insurance. $1,000,000
- Commercial General Liability Insurance. $1,000,000
- Comprehensive Automobile Liability Insurance. $500,000
- Umbrella Liability Insurance. $1,000,000
- Professional Liability required for all Licensed Professionals $1,000,000
Upon request, a detailed explanation of the above information is available. Please note that higher requirements may apply for large construction projects.
New Jersey Business Registration Certificate
Public Contracting requires proof of a valid business registration with the New Jersey Division of Revenue. All contractors must provide this documentation when seeking to do business with the Township of Denville.
- To Start a new business in NJ, a checklist is available at:
- If you are an existing company and need a NJ Business Registration Certificate you can file one online or through the mail. Information is available at: http://www.state.nj.us/treasury/revenue/busregcert.shtml
- Companies already registered in NJ can obtain their Business Registration Certificate Online at: https://www1.state.nj.us/TYTR_BRC/jsp/BRCLoginJsp.jsp
Prevailing Wage and Public Works Contractor Certificate
Please note that any construction contract over $14,187.00 the New Jersey Prevailing Wage Laws will apply. Certified payrolls must be submitted before payment is processed. Construction jobs that meet the prevailing wage threshold, a Public Works Contractor Certificate must also be on file in the Township of Denville.
Equal Employment Opportunity in Public Contracts
(Formerly referred to as Affirmative Action) All public contracts must comply with EEOC laws and may require a signed affidavit stating that your company is in compliance. www.nj.gov/treasury/contract_compliance
Quick reference May, 2011