Alert Emergency Alert

Municipal Covid - 19 Info - Don't Forget Your Face Mask

Read More

Home » Departments » Health » File a Health Complaint

File a Health Complaint

Complaint Intake Form

Some of the types of complaints investigated by the health department include:  Restaurant complaints, Public Recreational Bathing complaints, Solid Waste complaints, Rodent complaints, Public Health Nuisance Complaints, Lead complaints, Septic System complaints and Foodborne Illness complaints.  If you believe you have symptoms of foodborne illness, contact your physician immediately.  They can take a stool culture which can identify the cause of foodborne illness and establish a connection between the illness and the reported restaurant.  A 72 hour food history should be submitted with the Denville Complaint Intake form.   Foodborne illness complaints should be reported to the health department that has jurisdiction over the restaurant. 

Please fill out the Denville Complaint Intake form in its entirety.  Name and contact information is requested to facilitate investigation of the complaint.  For some types of complaints, contact information is required.  Please provide a detailed description of your complaint including date/time, exact location and description of employees if applicable.  The Health Officer or Registered Environmental Health Specialist may contact you if additional information is needed.   

Please contact the Health Department at 973-625-8300, extension 261 if the type of complaint that you are filing is not listed on the form.  Our staff can provide referral information to the appropriate department or agency.