Part-Time Secretary to the Fire Department and Mayor
The Township of Denville is currently seeking a qualified individual to serve as Secretary to the Fire Department and Mayor. This position shall be part-time at 20-25 hours per week.
Salary: Min. $18.00 per hour, dependent upon qualifications and experience.
General Job Duties:
- Must possess exceptional customer service skills and be able to effectively interact with citizens, fellow employees and management in a polite, courteous and professional manner at all times;
- Prepare and Process Purchase Orders for the Fire Department, Mayor’s Office and Facilities Manager;
- Routinely collect information from all Township departments and provide to webmaster to ensure Township website has accurate and timely information.
- Gather information and prepare the annual Hub Times (Township newsletter), which requires knowledge of MS Publisher and coordination with printing/mailing vendors;
- Assist Mayor with preparation of proclamations, process block party and recreational facility alcohol usage requests, coordinate 4th of July fireworks sponsorship letters, manage approval process of Blue Light permits for Fire Department volunteers and perform other ceremonial coordination activities as deemed necessary;
- Perform other duties as assigned or as required.
Minimum Job Requirements:
- Must possess a high school diploma or equivalent. College degree preferred.
- Must be willing to work a set schedule of up to twenty-five (25) hours per week.
Applications are available at www.denvillenj.org and can be sent to the Administrator’s Office, 1 St. Mary’s Place, Denville, NJ 07834 or e-mailed to email@example.com on or before Friday, May 21, 2021 at 4:00 P.M.
The Township of Denville is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants shall be given full consideration.
Posted: May 4, 2021